Thursday, December 09, 2004

Panic!

It's the week before finals! Everyone freak out! Oh the terror! Oh the horror! Oh the crabby, tired, worried people. I actually almost hit a girl with my car the other day....three times...and believe it or not, it wasn't on purpose. She kept wandering off the sidewalk and on to the road out side Sparks Hall. Actually, at one point, she was walking down the road in front of my car, oblivious to me being behind her...in car...though I was honking and revving my engine at her. Just when I thought to myself "Forget it!" and was going to run her down to get her attention, I heard a car horn behind me in the form of Ashley Ireland, who I suppose was the angel on my shoulder for that day. By the time I was finished waving like a happy toddler out the back window, the road-wandering girl had returned to the sidewalk. I guess she'll be allowed to live another day...

How NOT to Order a Cake at Wal-Mart

This past weekend was Gibson's birthday, so Amy and I decided that this occasion called for a cake. But it couldn't be just any cake...it had to be the best cake ever. So, after some deliberation, it was decided that the only cake suitable for such an occasion would have to feature two things that Gibson loves: Indiana Jones and Zombies. We decided that Indiana Jones whipping a zombie would be the perfect picture to adorn said cake and that we'd obtain this cake from the Wal-Mart bakery. Well, let me be the first to tell you that asking for a picture of "Indiana Jones whipping a zombie" will get you a frightened look from the cake lady followed by a bewildered response of "We can't do that here. You'll need a specialty cake shop." And I don't know if it was the way I made this request of what the deal was, but she responded with 'specialty cake shop' in a way that made me think of the Al Roker with hershey nipples cake referenced on...what was it? The Family Guy? Anyway, we ended decorating the cake with GI Joe figurines-Duke, Cobra Commander, and the Baroness in a stand off. I also decided that in a lot of ways, college birthday parties are a lot like the parties we had as children, only with alcohol. Then again, I grew up in a German-Catholic community, so it's all the same to me.

The Incredibles

Went to check out this film with Mac, Chase, Shea, and Ole Dude tonight. It was a very entertaining film and the animation was impressive. The premise was very cool, but I didn't like the films message that the B'hai Faith would solve all problems (oh wait, that was when there was a malfunction and commercials started showing in place of movie). The people at the Cheri were quite cool in that they gave us passes to see another movie. Good job with the customer service!

No comments: