Monday, May 25, 2009

Return to the Daylight

It's over...my time on 3rd shift and come and gone and now I am back amongst the daywalkers. And I'm hating it. True, I no longer spend all weekend sleeping because I'm sleep deprived from the week and I no longer have a good excuse for sleeping all day. But sleep-stuff aside, my biggest beef with daytime working hours is...all the people that are around during the day, just hanging around and doing what they usually do, only now I have to see it. I am also being invited to meetings again and I've never been what you'd call a meetings person. Last issue...and most importantly...no longer can I put my feet on my desk (because the brain juice is kept in my toes and I need it to roll to get the ideas to flow) and yell out curse words and pepper my patois with "shop talk." I loved me some shop talk...

Anyway, now I'm also doing the quality thing, which is incredibly slow moving in comparison to operations. I've always been a bit of "go! go! go!" in my working style...doesn't mesh as well with meticulous problem solving. Or does it? Things will be interesting as I inject a bit of moon into the sun.

No comments: