Thursday, July 08, 2004

Changing Perceptions

So the question of the week is this...can a single action by a person change the way you look at him/her? Or was it actually a single action in a long chain of events/actions that did it-that pushed perception over the edge into thinking a person that was once good as gold...is merely an overrated ass? Can someone do something so rude/mean that it shatters any preperceived notion of good in that person? I think, for me anyway, that it's always the little things that do it. The proverbial straw on the camel's back. Disappointing as it may be, in the end I think it's always better to realize a person's true colors early on than...you get the picture. It's just upsetting to take a closer look at something/someone and realize you don't like what you see, even though you wanted to.


Support

Last night I dropped a maglight on my foot and was momentarily convinced my foot was broken. Fortunately I can now walk on it with minimal burning and my toes don't look quite as deformed/flattened, but it will be many shades of black, blue and green for quite some time. I'm lucky that Devin was here to listen to my cry, curse, and complain and get me ice...I'm lucky that he would actually do something and not just stare at me like I was an idiot for dropping something on my foot. I'm glad he didn't freak out or go home so he wouldn't have to hear me complain.

In a Nutshell...

Summarizing the week in 5 points:

1. Having to be at a plant for noise monitoring at 6 in the morning != fun.
2. Three weeks left in internship. Must remember to turn in all paper work.
3. The new place rocks. Pants are optional.
4. Night at Huddle House > *. I'm f*#$%ing Chris Hodes! No, really...
5. Has anyone seen my dishtowels?

No comments: