Tuesday, July 27, 2004

The State of Things

1. My internship ends Friday but I'll continue working part time once school starts.  I'm taking some time off over the next few weeks and will be splitting my time between Illinois and Kentucky. 

2. Checking out of Murray Place Friday the 6th.  This is an open invitation for anyone interested to come witness the checking out process.  While 4 against 1 or even 2 is the intended plan, what's a few more people on team us?  Bring signs of support-let's make this an all out rally.  Feel free to protest too.  Seeing as how I no longer live in Carbondale, I haven't seen a good protest in years. 

3. I still haven't suscribed to any sort of trash pickup.  I'm still taking my trash to Murray Place and tossing it in the dumpster there.  Inconvenient as it may be, I feel entitled to use their dumpster because technically I'm still a resident.  Lord knows they still boss me around like I still am.

4. Living alone is nice.  Rarely am I ever fully dressed while lounging at home these days.  In fact, I'm not wearing a shirt right now.  Drool or vomit at that thought as you please.

5. Ames came down to visit this weekend and I exposed her to life in Murray.  Good times were had by all.

6. OMGWTFBBQ Friday showed me that I still have much to learn about the art of grilling.  Thanks to those that came out and a special thanks to Devhead for helping me man the grill, to Nichole for sodas, and to The Hardy's for making a citronella run. 

7. I'm now a doggie aunt to Lilbit, LeeAnn's corgi-beagle mix.  That dog rocks. 

8. Tonight is the first Taco Tuesday since Nichole left town.  Out of confusion/sorrow, I ate McDonald's for dinner instead.  I'm now officially endorsing McDonald's now.  Sparky says eat french fries!

9. I can tell the seasons are getting ready to change and it's great because I love fall...especially down here.  Everything is prettier and everything smells nicer in the fall.  This goes for people too.  Along with fall comes the start of school.  I'm both excited about a new school year and sad that this is my last.  Growing up/older can really suck sometimes.  I'm not ready to leave school and become a contributing member of society!

10. I've been watching the Democratic National Convention this week. 

No comments: