Thursday, February 03, 2005

Five Things I Hate Today

You've seen the positive lists-the ones of things I adore. For a change, let's dwell on the negative and take a glance at five things that are currently loathed.

1. The Weather

If it goes one day without raining before Sunday, I will dance an Ashlee Simpson jig and then run off the stage when the music stops playing. Keeping my pant legs dry is just an exercise in futility.

2. Insomnia

I have a lot on my mind these days and it's affecting my ability to sleep...hence the 3 am computing and 2 am attempts at networking my computers. Truth be told, I'm upset about my impending graduation and just don't really know what to do with myself right now. If I'm acting strangely, it's because I'm tired or just don't know what to say/how to act anymore. Have patience with me; I promise I'm worth it.

3. My Sinuses

*shakes fist at them, my arch enemy*

4. Idealism

Nothing is meant to be and often things just don't work out. Why focus on what seems like the way things should be when you can focus on the way things are and how when it's all said and done, you have very little ability to control much more than how you react to life. So much for wishful thinking, there's only harsh reality.

5. Having my Back to a Door at Work

I've set up a mirror so that I can see who is using the door behind me without having to stop what I'm doing and turn around. It's not that I'm doing anything that necessitates secretiveness, I just hate it when people sneak up on me and I don't like people to see what I'm working on because until I show them, they don't need to know. If I can see what enters and exits through that door, I'll have at least some control.



No comments: