Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Pray to Scholastic Jesus

Light a candle and pray for forgiveness! I've had another encounter with the Christ Amabassadors.

While studying in the library the other night, I encountered the girl from "Witness Volleyball." As she's always a pleasant little thing, I do not mind exchanging pleasantries with her. Of course, all conversation immediately goes back to Christ Ambassadors or our Lord and Savior (who, don't get me wrong, I do love dearly...especially since he writes most of my papers and keeps the fire and brimstone at bay). She asked what I was working on and I told her about my insurance stuff. I asked what she would be working on and she said Spanish...and then asked if she could pray for my test.

Seeing as how tests are hard and I need all the help I can get (and am always up for a new 'life experience' and just wondered what would happen) I said "Okay, but only if I can pray for yours too."

So we grasp hands and she rattles off a fast but very eloquent and gushing prayer...and then it's my turn.

"Dear Lord Jesus...You rock..."

wait, it gets better...

"I know you speak Spanish and you do it quite well. So help her learn the Spanish so she can speak it as well as you oh Lord..."

I should interject right here and let you know that I wasn't trying to be disrespectful or blasphemous. Prayer is something that is usually very private to me and I'm not good at doing it vocally or when on the spot. When I converse with G-d, it's like an actual conversation because my G-d is an enlightened and incredibly laid back deity. I'd envision G-d as the wisest drinking buddy that a person could have-nonjudgemental, supportive, open minded, and incredibly col. I try not to actually ask for things because I'm sure He's bothered enough already by peoples' wants, wishes, and that whole killing in His name thing. Anyway, I'm not good at doing a lot of things vocally and on the spot-it usually comes out unintentionally funny. If you don't believe me, ask one of my sorority sisters or just keep reading.

"All things are possible through you and your awesomeness oh awesome Lord. Thanks and have a good evening. In G-d's name, Amen."

...and then I was hit by lightning.

No comments: