Monday, March 07, 2005

Distance Chess

I need a volunteer. I've found a chess set in the desk next to my cubicle and now that I've more or less refamiliarized myself with how to play, I'm ready to get an on-going game started. Inspired by both the urge to do something quirky and one of the rooftop scenes in Dawn of the Dead, I'd like to get a long-distance game of chess going.

I'm looking for someone who would be willing to keep a chessboard next to their desk/working area/on a table/etc and instant message, text message, and or phone call their moves back and forth with me. Moves will be transmitted using algebraic chess notation.

Any other details will be worked out when making communication for getting everything ready.
This has great potential to be a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to a worthy opponent.

No comments: