Thursday, March 17, 2005

Travel Itenerary

Monday: Fly from St. Louis to Atlanta. Obtain rental car. Drive to Gwinette County and check into the Hampton Inn. Drive to Liberty Mutual Office. Interview. Dinner. Sleep, write post cards (holla if you want one), and kick around the Hampton Inn.

Tuesday: Drive to Ponce de Leon to see my sorority's headquarters (yay for HUGE antebellum mansions). Proceed to Atlanta airport. Fly to St. Louis. Be collected by Dad.

Wait for word from Liberty Mutual. Yay or ney? I'm not going to worry about it. All I can do is go show them what I know and what I can do. The thought of southern living interests me, but I have faith that I'll end up where I'm supposed to be right now. Either way, there's nothing to worry about, nothing to fear.

Step Off 2005

Where do I even begin...describing this year's Alpha Phi Alpha Step Show...

As with last year, I'll break it down:

The hate-o-meter: 4 (as in groups that reminded us not to hate)
The movie-theme-o-meter: 3.5 with homages to The Matrix, Poltergeist, Napolean Dynomite, and maybe Drumline (hence the 0.5)
The die-midstep-o-meter: 2 (with 1 successful resucitation!)
The fall-down-o-meter: 3 with one near miss (near chair tip)
The clean-up-your-mess-o-meter: 2 "Sorority come clean up the mess you've made!"
The smoke-machine-o-meter: 3
The flashing lights in the dark-o-meter: 2
The hijack your show with a dork-o-meter: 1
...I think I should make the video of Napolean Dynamite slapping a blue man and running away should be made into a gif...

This year's show did not last nearly as long as last year's did. I was shocked that I was home and chilling before 10 pm. The show was quite entertaining and it's always fun to see what the different groups will cook up for a routine. If you've never been to a step show, I highly recommend checking one out.

No comments: