Thursday, September 15, 2005

Life is Better 6 Inches Off the Ground

So my building is being audited tomorrow...and I can't wait for it.

After months of preparing and running around trying to 'fix' everything, I'm resigned to let the chips fall where they may. I'm proud of all the progress made in my building and am going to give myself mad credit for getting us there.

Pumpkinfest is this weekend. Just knowing that this time tomorrow night, I'll be giddy from beer and pumpkin products brings a smile to my face. Every day (actually, several times a day), I get excited about the festival whenever I apply more pumpkin scented lotion. I've taken to keeping a bottle in my desk so that when my hands are dry or I just feel like it, I can lotion up with pumpkin scented goodness. The top cubby of my desk has been converted into short term paper storage and creature comforts. It currently includes a coffee cup, some sodas and granola bars, a package of burts bees goodies and my beloved lotion. And when it's not in use, my iPod goes n there too.

Someone looked me up on the corporate directory to find out where my new desk is located so that a visit could be paid...this made my week. Usually people come by to complain or kvetch at me or to make requests or drop off mail, not give me the kind of smile that permanently burns itself into my brain. This...this has been a good week.

No comments: