Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The Evil Eye

Yet again my eye is infected. But unlike the last times I've suffered from such affliction, this time I actually took medicinal measures to speed the clearing of the problem and hopefully prevent future occurrences; I went to the eye doctor.

One hour, two numb eyes, and a presciption for salve later, I was on my way to ye olde drug store to fill ye olde prescription. I was more than happy to wait on said prescription as one of my favorite quirky activities (as some of you may know) is to walk down every aisle in health and beauty and inspect and smell all the soaps, lotions, face washes, shampoos, conditions, assorted beautifying goos and to read the packing of most of the makeups and other assorted beauty enhancers. Despite my impending need for new mascara and eyeliner as my others are now casualties of bacterial contamination, I left the store without any such items. Afterall, I have a week left until I can once again sport eye makeup (or contact lenses), so there's plenty of time to contemplate said purchase. Eyeliner will, of course, be the perrenial favorite Cover Girl Perfect Blend Black Brown pencil. I'm currently shopping for a new mascara though. Maybelline no longer makes my Illegal Length and the price of that cool japanese lash-tube mascara is staggering. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

So I'll be spending the remainder of the week without my contacts. I'm only in hour 15 and I'm already seriously considering lasik. The sheer weight of my spectacles puts uncomfortable pressure on the tops of my ears. My depth perception is less than optimal. If I'm not careful where I place my glasses, they could catch the sunlight wrong and start a fire. But I wear them. Even if I weren't legally blind without them...well, that statement is reason enough to just keep them on. (On a side note, I just knocked chammomile tea onto the carpet next to my chair because I misjudged on picking up the mug next to my chair. Last night, I spilled my beer on the same spot.) There could be much worse fates than being seen in my glasses. The glasses are rather attractive and I think I look decent in them (not quite Tina Fey, not quite a bad knock off). Funny thing is, no one has really noticed that I am now bespectacled. I figured more people would notice, but perhaps I wasn't at good at hiding my myopia as I thought.

But I am Good at Painting Pottery

Checked out Central Illinois Ceramics...is that what it's called? It's in Creve Couer and it's pretty awesome. You name it, you can fire, paint, and glaze it there. I started working on a small statue of a Chinaman. While not the preferred nomenclature, figured it'd be better descriptive than referring to him as "Lo Pan," in honor of the thousand year old villian in John Carpenter's 80s movie Big Trouble in Little China. When Lo Pan's been painted and glazed, he'll keep a watchful eye on my livingroom from the top of my xbox. Upcoming projects will include some lions and bears (no tigers, oh my!) and a tea set. I saw a gigantor beer stein that I can't help but suspect would be much appreciated by someone I know. However, in all my yellow girliness, I'm curious of how I could lavish such a cool gift on someone and not get awkward reception in return. But seriously folks, the thing has wolves on it. And black forest galore. And bears - bavarian ones!

No comments: