Sunday, February 18, 2007

How Engaging

Greetings from Aurora, IL! Home of Wayne's World. The thing that strikes me most about this place is how different real Aurora is from Wayne's World Aurora. It's much fancier here than it was in the movie? Or is it fancier here than it was in 1989? I'm not sure.

So I'm staying at a Super 8, which is great because it's across the street from Fox Valley mall, near Chipotle, and has wireless internet. The bathroom has a bright red, infrared light and I feel like old hamburgers whenever I go in there. I'll be showering in the dark tomorrow as to not have the proteins in my eyes cooked by the light. Even if I weren't aware of long wave rays, I wouldn't find the lighting cool. It's disorienting and weird.

Tomorrow I'm touring the wheel loader facility and it shoudl be pretty awesome. I get to one on one with staff up there, get an overview of behavior based safety programs, and drive tractors. I refuse to leave property until I've driven a tractor. I wonder if they'll let me drive tractors off property...all the way back to Peoria.

Leave and book it back to P-town for Volleyball at 7. Must remember my body mechanics to give good service! Bump, set, spike!

Oh, and I got engaged on Friday. I'm going to be Sparky McJeffers. :w00t:

No comments: