Saturday, February 03, 2007

Tundra Time

It's three degrees right now. I've spent the last few hours firmly (and warmly planted) in my chair, watching tv, and e-window shopping on the internet.

In lieu of "California Dreamin'," I'm mentally creating this fabulous, warm new life in my mind. For each site at which I browse, another layer to this fantasy is added. It started with a bathing suit and then flats and sandals. Of course, I'll need a sundress and some shorts and a nice, flowery fragrance to add that sensory accent to my new look to go along with my new life.

By the time I began selecting a pair of sunglasses, I started to think about selecting a new residence at some place where folks think the world is ending when it gets this cold. I think the world is ending, but apparently I'm the only one. And if I'm going to move someplace warm, I need a job. But not just any job, a new career. Biostatician looks pretty cool...epidemiologists. Just something different. I'm just tired of the cold and the usual. And I'm ready for a change.

Until then, I'll keep looking at the fineries and try to figure the logic of mentally creating a sunnier, simpler life by possibly attaining additional things. New shoes, new purse, new life.

No comments: