Thursday, November 11, 2004

Late Night Book Binge

I'm so tired, I can't sleep...so I'm buying books off amazon.com. It's a good thing my parents are coming into town this weekend because I think I just spent my grocery money on books. What I ordered:

I am Charlotte Simmons by Tom Wolfe. Read an excerpt of it in RollingStone and now I need to read this entire book. Also, currently having an infatuation with all things college-related helped me make this impulse buy. But hey, it's Tom Wolfe, so it's all good.

Queen Bees and Wannabes by Rosiland Wiseman. I was watching the special features on the dvd of Mean Girls and I was struck with a brilliant idea of a workshop based on the ideas discussed in this book. That, and as a former tortured adolescent myself, I find the subject matter quite interesting.

Cooking to Hook Up: The Bachelor's Date-Night Cookbook by Ann Marie Michaels and Drew Campbell. After taking a quiz about this book (c/o Ames' blog) and discovering that I was a "Progressive Girl," this book caught my attention with it's premise of telling guys what to cook for the type of girl he is trying to snare. The purpose of this book is two-fold: better understand the woo-ing techniques that may be employed by men and picking up a few simple recipes. I figure if this book is geared toward men, then the recipes shouldn't be overly challenging (good for those with college kitchens).

High Fideltity by Nick Hornby. Great movie, so I have hopes for a spectacular book.

The Daily Show with Jon Steward Presents America (The Book): A Citizen's Guide to Democracy Inaction. This way, I can curl up in bed and have my day's moment of zen.

No comments: