Monday, November 01, 2004

My Razor Sharp Wit Won't Save Me Now

I've heard the phrase 'to talk one's self out of something' but now I find it more appropriate to be able to 'talk one's self into something.' I guess talking yourself into something could be a nice way of saying that you use words to get your way. In the big scheme of things, I suppose I do all right with this, but sometimes I realize that no matter one's conversation skills or sharp wit, there's always that human factor to take into consideration. When an idea is set in mind, little can be done to dislodge or change said idea. I'm learning that I'm going to need to just accept that no matter how well crafted what I say or write is, it is not powerful enough to change ideas. I have no power here. I have no control over this matter. I'm merely a source of amusement or annoyance, I have yet to decide which it is. But regardless of what I am, I cannot ever attain what I strive to be. I does not matter how great my ideas. It does not matter how profound my words. Sometimes you either have 'it' or you don't. I, my friend, obviously do not have it...and it sucks more immensely than words can convey.

No comments: