Monday, January 03, 2005

Winter Break Musings

The weather is beautiful. Being at home with family is great. Christmas was white. I never realized that I needed a prolonged break from Murray until I had been home for a few days.
It's nice to get away and mentally work through some different things. No real drama/trauma, just little things like plotting my next life move and setting some goals for the upcoming semester. I love my friends, but it's nice to get away for a bit because I know I'll go back to school with a renewed appreciation for everyone. It's also nice to enjoy some quiet time and indulge in things like staying in the house for a couple of days at a time and wearing only pajamas or jeans and really old tshirts. I haven't worn makeup nor have I done my hair for almost a week. It seems like it's been a week since I've worn actual shoes.

This week, I will have finished my self-assigned reading assignments when I complete 1984. No longer will that book just be for show. I will have read it and formed some sort of opinion. Ask me about this book later.

Set up DSL and a wireless network in my parent's house today. Not having the internet readily available gave me this strange feeling of being cut off from the world. However, it did help with being somewhat productive on different writing and drawing projects. I also noticed that I feel like I glean more information reading cnn.com than I do actually watching CNN. Also, cell phones with web access are nifty and/or a life saver.

Finally, I'm returning to Murray tomorrow to check on everything, get my mail, get out of Illinois for a bit (is it raining down there too?) and make some modifications to my humble abode.

New in 2005

I'm not making any resolutions this year. I'm just going to shut up and do.

Picture Captivation

I've spent all evening looking at pictures, becoming increasingly captivated with a new subject that has piqued my interest. Dare I say I'm developing an unhealthy interest in this subject, but after hours of searching, I found a picture that captured an idea I've been playing in my head over and over for the duration of break. This idea has become something that my mind wanders to when I'm just there-driving, riding in a car, sitting in a chair, in bed...it's something I think about every day and it makes me happy because it makes me think. This idea is something I could see myself pursuing in time, but for now, I'll just think about it a little too much.

The Girl in Glasses

Going several days without wearing my contacts has given me a newfound appreciation for my glasses. If it weren't for superior peripheral vision and comfort, I'd abandon my contacts entirely. Picking out another pair in a week and am pretty excited about that. Thinking something with more oval frames in tortoise shell. I want glasses that scream 'dirty librarian!' ... or at least 'smart, hot girl.' Now taking suggestions for new eyeglass style.

No comments: