Tuesday, November 22, 2005

My Parents Were Banned from a Theater and Other Funny 'Cause They're True Stories

The folks are no longer welcome at the theater in Centralia, Illinois. The popcorn boy sassed my mother and she went special ed-behavior disorders teacher on his ass. The manager was involved somehow and until I get more details tomorrow afternoon, all I know is that they can't go back. My family is awesome.

So tomorrow I go home, where I'll spend time with Grandpa! and gorge myself on free-range organic, amish turkey. I learned how to kill a turkey yesterday. Actually, it was explained to me. Some of the guys in the shop were explaining that I could "go at its neck with a hatchet" or "step on the body and pull off the head." They told me that a lot of people just can't go through with killing birds though all food has to come from somewhere. However, I've been labeled as the kind of lady that can yank the head off a turkey. And even though I'm not so sure if I should be proud, I kind of am.

Last night I discovered the wonder that is "All You Can Eat Spaghetti Night" at Avantis. I was also pegged as a person who 'doesn't act like' she's 24. Once again - should I be proud? How does a 24 year old act? How do you think a 24 year old is supposed to act? But then we went to Target and I bought a slinky. I also got a tube of toothpaste, a new toothbrush, some disinfectant cleaner wipes, and some toilet paper. "You know it works because it has bears on it," I explained to Nicole. It's been so long since I've shopped with a friend that it's a chore to slow down and actually shop rather than obtain. But really, the deal with pasta night at Avanti's is quite awesome. I'm adding it to the list of places to go on Monday. Monday is apparently value food night in Peoria.

I saw Walk the Line on Friday. It's a good movie. It has that sheen of a bio-pic, but the rebel rousing of the greats back in the day is a wonderful thing to see played out onscreen. I miss those days and I never even lived in them. Put a can of Murray's on the radiator and grab me a comb, I'm feeling nostalgic.

No comments: