Monday, May 22, 2006

This Changes Everything

I have an opportunity I'm thinking about taking. Regardless of what I decide to do, two things are certain: I may not leave but I'm not staying where I am, and a lot of things will change and I guess I'll just know where the chips land when the smoke clears. Oh, another certainty being that I'll be tossing out lots and lots of verbal cliches as I maneuver through decision making.

And while I will make this decision for me and only me, I can't help but wonder if this is when I stop sliding through hands like sand and begin to slide like water. See? More cliches.


In honor of cliches, enjoy some song lyrics I've been pondering lately:

"You know I can't let you slide through my hands"
"I want you to notice when I'm not around"
"It's too late tonight to drag the past out into the light"
"It won't take much for me to show my life's not over yet"
"The worst timing I ever knew. I have to go. You already know. It's a long way back home"

No comments: