Thursday, August 31, 2006

Go with God

I twisted my ankle running across the quad today. The pain didn't even register until I was back at my desk because I was so elated at finally feeling free and the preoccupation that people were looking at me and saying "Who is that idiot running across the lawn?" But it's just that sometimes it feels so damn good to run and feel the wind in my hair and the earth passing by beneath my feet.

I started cleaning and redecorating things around my house and room last night. After I get my room just so, I'm sealing it off to the rest of the world for a while. I need a temple, solace from the world, and something that is mysterious...though until I get the rest of the clothes up off the floor, what the floor looks like is mysterious enough. The first addition was a cross above the door to ward off the presence of evil. The second being a fire extinguisher to put out whatever demon that bursts into flames upon attempting entry into my temples.

On a whim, I decided to get a haircut tonight. It's been a while as I've been trying to grow out my hair. No more side swept bangs or layers that accentuate the hugeness of my head. Yes, I've been trying to cut down on the self deprecation because I'm starting to remember how awesome I used to be/still am? The other night, I called myself a moped while talking to someone on the phone and I (would like to have?) heard sadness in his response that I'm not. I'm not a moped...a tricycle maybe, but not a moped. Vroom vroom. But the hair looks good. And I could correlate all but 2 of my haircuts this year to run ins with certain people. When did I start grooming to cheer myself up? Whatever happened to booze, hookers, and crack?

Leaving for Kentucky tomorrow afternoon. Thankgoodness for going somewhere to breathe. I'm counting the days until I can have a cabin and a hound dog. I'm counting the minutes until I can remember what it feels like to hug people I love.

No comments: