Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Another Way to Achieve Clarity

Some people meditate for days or go on fasts. Others run in marathons or take large quantities of magic mushrooms.

I've puked my guts out for the past couple of days. Either it's the stomach flu or the large amounts of Firehouse pizza I gorged on Monday night. Regardless of origin, when you're ill and have time on your hands (absense from work...I just didn't want to make a bad impression all over anyone) to do some thinking. So, I've spent my time thinking of...

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Seriously, I've sat on my duff and watched the History channel and Amazing Videos on Spike TV. Large amounts of CNN sportszone, afternoon news, and of course, my beloved guilty pleasure the TODAY SHOW. I've eaten jello and saltines and started drinking regular (Sprite) soda again, and taken naps during the day. Granted, I've yakety yak yak yaked, but I'm actually in pretty high spirits. It's so nice to just shut off my brain and concentrate on the simple things in life, like sunning myself in the window and concentrating on not sharting when I sneeze. Yes, GI ailments are an awful, awful thing. But sometimes they give you the time off that one so desparately needs.

No comments: