Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Bad Car-ma

I started my Monday morning by having my brakes go out. Now, let's just stop for a second so I can clarify that the brake fluid didn't actually start shooting out until after I had stopped the car and was in the process of examining the tire. Let me tell you - nothing stinks like boiling brake fluid. It smells like a turbo fire but way worse and I kept smelling it in my hair for the rest of the day. But the fact of the matter is, boiling brake fluid coming out of the wheel == muy muy mal (that's very, very bad to all you hombres not down with the espanol). And after this, I experienced a first: having to have a car towed.

Cut to 36 hours of hitchhiking (kidding!) around Peoria later and I'm cruising off the lot, rocking a new set of brake pads and drums and feeling good about the world. Hop, skip, jump to 4 hours later and I'm prepping my car to be towed back to the dealership tomorrow. This new set of pads and drums lasted me a whopping 25 miles! The lovely sound of "metal-to-metal" was my soundtrack for the last 1.5 miles home.

And wouldn't you know, I paid the damn thing off on the 8th.

No comments: