Monday, March 03, 2008

Rainy Days can be Lovely Days

Greetings from the lobby of the Hampton Inn in Murray, KY. I'm finishing up some stuff for work before departing to meet with some friends and then be on the road again. I'm going to be driving through some interesting weather: rainstorms, ice, sleet, wind, and snow. Bring it on! Have tunes and will travel (2 new Cat Power cds and a Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds set from my trip to Terrapin Station), though I could easily pick up the soundtrack to Natural Born Killers after last night's viewing at the Curris Center. I actually wasn't overly disturbed by that film, but all of the green screen was really starting to mess with my head.

I'm actually going to drive as long as I can with the windows cracked to indulge in as much fresh air as possible. I love a good rainy day every now and then - it washes everything clean and gives a nice gloss to the world. Even driving in it doesn't bother me that much, just need to take it easy and watch out for the other guy.

I think I'll take things nice and easy (steady!) for the remainder of the week. Nothing that I can think of in the immediate requiring quick action or anything less than calm and deliberate behavior. This weekend was much needed.

No comments: