Thursday, September 04, 2008

You Never Boil Me Pasta Anymore

Today is the first time in almost 4 years that I can remember making spaghetti. I find it hard to believe that I could go so long without boiling spaghetti noodles, but aside from this morning, the only time I can distinctly recall doing so was back in the day.

In other news, I wore my hair down last night because it's finally cooling off. One of my operators asked me if I had a date before work and the 3 of the shop ladies give my hair do the thumbs up. My fellow supervisors noticed that I wasn't rocking my usual ponytail and glasses combo too.

I guess the John Hughes movies were right - you can make a huge impression by ditching the ponytail and glasses.

BTW - I ditched the glasses because they literally fell apart last night. I jokingly said that I had seen something so awful that it broke my glasses. Truth be told, they came apart as I was pulling them off my face.

And as the epilogue to the guy that stole ice cream from the cafeteria last week...he brought his paystub to me last night saying he had been shorted 8 hours of pay. I took it to the time keeper and it turned out he was paid time and a half for 12 hours instead of straight time for 8 and time and a half for 4 one evening. When the time keeper corrects this, it will deduct money from his paycheck. Cruel irony or karmic retribution for the ice cream? My boss said I should tell him that the ice cream was deducted from his pay...I think I'll pass on that.

No comments: