Sunday, September 28, 2008

Random Facts versus In Depth Knowledge

How much do you really have to know about a person to really know them? Sure, there's knowing the facts, the stats, but isn't that like just being able to memorize a formula? I always say that you can memorize the periodic table but that doesn't mean you know chemistry. (Yes, I'm a chemist, can't you tell?) But what's the sum of knowing the random facts? Riddle me this Batman, after how many random facts can you say you're at least getting a good idea? Do the stats, specs, and bits of trivia eventually add up to making you be able to say that you know someone?

Here are 5 facts about me:

1. I wear a size 10 shoe
2. I'm not really left handed (the watch and eating habits fake out a lot of people)
3. I'm a Coke person, not a Pepsi person
4. I was hit by a car at age 11
5. My favorite movie is The 'Burbs

No comments: