Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Put Your Back into It

I've fuxored my back. It hurts, but I can stand upright now, which is way better than I was doing yesterday. I was actually sent home from work early last night because I couldn't stand upright and was having problems walking. Mama said that I was standing like I had torn something and then later she patted me on the head and told me I was just getting the flu. Finally, just before she went to bed, she freaked out about maybe I have kidney stones and shoved two bottles of water and a warm beer at me. Such are the stages of diagnosis and treatment by Doctor Mom.

I did get a day's worth of excellent sleep filled with strange pain-killer induced dreams. Can barely remember most of them now, but do recall in one of them receiving a magic vending machine that would give me orange soda and the tv channel Showtime. In another dream, I was stocking a boy's bathroom with my toilettries as in said dream I was now spending considerable time at said boy's house. I remember agonizing over the products that I'd put into his shower because I didn't want things to over-chickefy his domain yet I needed my beauty stash to be one that was effective and perhaps something he wouldn't feel emasculated about using should I not be around.

As for products in the waking world, allow me to sing the praises of the Soap & Glory stuff from Target. Right now I've got the Hair Supply conditioner, Scrub of Your Life body scrub, and Clean on Me body wash in my shower. Post shower calls for Righteous Butter Lotion and Girligo moisturizing body spray. By the time I've used all of this, I'm floating through a cloud of peach-bergamont-fresia glory. And even if I'm overly odiferous after this, who cares, I think I'm fabulous.

No comments: