Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Stay Out of My Sleep!

I think it's a new record...almost a year? A little over a year? For years now, been my own personal Freddy Kruger invading my sleeping, saying cryptic things to me and then vanishing when I wake, leaving me in a daze that haunts my memory for the remainder of the week.

Last time we met, you gave me "advice" in the form of a cryptic, word playing sentence. I went to visit you last night, in a townhouse that you could theoretically own in a town vaguely familiar but probably nowhere I've never actually been. Your neighborhood screamed of yuppiness but your place was unassuming...basically a shotgun house as part of a complex built into a hill with your living quarters resting above the garage. I don't know why we met up or exactly why I was in town, but I received a call from you immediately after I was kicked out (as in forcibly removed by security) from a health fair. I was dressed to kill in a black skirt suit and a purple shirt...high heeled boots and made myself at home on your bed, which was located in your living room. You told me that you could pay $2000/mo for a place with an actual bedroom or $850/mo for this.

You didnt say anything cryptic to me this time, but you served me beer in a glass, saying that I was dressed too nicely to drink from a bottle or can. I took off my shoes and rubbed my stocking feet all over your comforter. You made a half-hearted effort to rub my feet and I combed your hair. We discussed our paths in life, where we thought we'd be and where we think we're going. You never asked me why security removed me from the health fair and I never offered as reason as I, myself, do not know. Then your wife came home and you told me that I'd have to leave out the window. I slapped you in the mouth and told you that I'd never see you again, but you just smiled and said you'd see me next year.

No comments: