Sunday, September 12, 2004

Super Efficient Happy Fun Folding

This is the inspiration for how I shall fold my tshirts from now on...

My current system for folding a shirt works a little something like this...first, I lay the shirt on the bed with the front facing down and smooth it out a bit. Next, I take each sleeve and fold the sleeve and one-quarter of the shirt on top of the rest of the shirt so i have one long rectangle of shirt. Finally, I fold the shirt in half so I end with one neat square. Often, I'll add another fold to make a smaller square. This works well for putting more clothes into a drawer.

The efficient Asian method involves no flipping, turning or elaborate movements. If you watch the video, you'll notice that once smoothed out with the hands strategically placed, a shirt can be folded in one smooth hand movement. It's quite awe-inspiring. Like mine, the end result is a neat square, but I'd love to learn to do it the Asian way. Besides, it looks cool and that could be my new party trick...I'll be the girl that folds shirts.

No comments: