Sunday, August 14, 2005

Mental Slugs

The other night, I had this dream that I decided keep some slugs and snails for pets. I'm not entirely sure what happened that made me dream about slugs and snails, but it was most interesting, neverthless. In my dream, I went to the pet store, bought some slug and snail bedding, foot, housing, and toys for my new snails and slugs. The critters seemed somewhat happy in their slug/snail housing, but I'd frequently catch them longing for the outside world, so I let them loose to wander around my house freely. Soon, I'd see all of these trails of ooze and slug/snail pellets littering my house and staining my furniture. And even though I could follow the oozing trial to find the slugs, I started accidentally stepping on them. I could feel the squish beneath my feet and the liquid and slime flow between my toes and even though it was quite gross, I was too sad that I had killed the slugs to be disgusted. I did not, however, feel bad about looking at the snails and consider making escargot.

No comments: