Monday, January 23, 2006

Hurts So Good

I forsee duckwalking into work tomorrow as I let my arms and legs have it at the gym these past two days. Throw in some super situps and I'll be good to go until the next gym session. Though, evertime I find myself suspended over the floor, using my (soon to be) awesome abs to lift myself back upright, I can envision the arm on the device I use snapping off, sending me facefirst into the floor. I do this for two songs, alternating between left side of waist, right side of waist, and back muscles, going until each group is fatigued and then repeating until I've gone through two whole songs. Even though I've been listening to a lot of Pink Floyd lately, I dare not to do this routine to any of their songs (as a lot of them are 15 minute-ers or more).

It's becoming increasingly apparent what an integral part of fitness the ipod has become. Choice of music is essential for ensuring that a workout goes well. Obviously the fast stuff is great for cardio...stuff from Madonna or Gwen Steffani is good. I also find that My Chemical Romance helps me keep on running. When it comes to lifting weights or wailing on the abs, I'll listen to stuff from Nine Inch Nails or Jay-Z. For some reason, I like alt country and/or rockabilly stuff for lifting and ab work. I like more interesting music for the last set of cardio - this is where having some Richard Cheese in que is great. It's funny enough that it keeps my spirits high and I make a deal with myself that if I go an extra couple of miles that I'll keep listening to the music.

Today I worked out for almost two hours. The first 45+ minutes was cardio followed by arms routine, followed by more cardio. As I was completing my second set of cardio, I ran into stair-stepper extraordinaire (and all around awesome gal) Christa and spent the next hour bike riding and treadmilling while chatting. It makes the hour fly by. Gave the stairstepper a whirl, but not only is it rough on my knees, I have no aptitude for using this device. At least I'll always have my love, the elliptical trainer.

And yes, once again I saw a buck naked lady in the locker room.

No comments: