Monday, January 09, 2006

Raves: First Edition, 2006

These are a few of my favorite things...

1. Conair hot lotion dispenser: not since teenage boys has one been so enthusiastic about lotion. Hot, soothing, lotion!

2. Black liquid eyeliner: as part of my pin up training, I got a retro makeover at the Clinique counter. Their liquid liner is superior to all because of the felt tip. I can really poke it down in the lashes without worrying about my brush going limp. This stuff is a revelation.

3. Tiny beaded necklaces: I found a bunch at Claire's for cheap. They're like the ones that Allison used to make, so there's definitely nostalgia value there. A simple way to dress up an outfit.

4. Starbucks Vanilla Soy Lattes: I've had 3 in the past 24 hours. It's like a meal in a cup and it's the perfect temperature. The soy taste is different and it leaves the most refreshing after-taste in my mouth as opposed to the after-funk of dairy lattes.

5. Uncle Tupelo: Check out the Anthology 88-93 to get a nice overview of the goodness that was this band. All hail my new favorite thing to come out of Belleville. Alt-country never sounded so good.

6. Pabst Blue Ribbon: I had one last week because he was buying. I've had a few other since then as I realized it's not that bad. And props to the iconic can. However, yes, this is just a phase.

7. Red, flannel sheets: Now all my bedroom needs is a "Hot Light." Methinks I'll drive over to the Krispy Kreme in Bloomington and steal theirs. But yes, it really adds that something that was missing to my room. Deep red tones are really growing on me. Oh, and the sheets are soft...quasi-floofy. And so you know, "floofy" is my favorite texture.

No comments: