Monday, January 09, 2006

Good Bye Rose Colored Glasses

I started 2006 by smashing the rosy tinted lenses through which I tend to see the world by seeing the good for what it is: good; and the bad for how it is: bad. No coloring of perceptions or hopes or dreams or chances or (dare I say it)...possibilities. Just the cold, hard facts in front of me.

...And it's been some time since I've felt so at peace with the world.

I don't even feel hopeful. I feel brave and amused by all that is forthcoming. Surely the future holds more adventures and more of the funny little things that make life...life. Who cares of deeper meaning when living in such a strange world. I'm striving to appreciate things how they are and not for how they could be. Good times, bad times, just the times - all are only what we make of it. Seeing things exactly as they are and appreciating them as such shall possibly be one of the roads to a life well lived.

No comments: