Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Low Brows

I had my brows waxed at the salon tonight and she got them a little...a little much was taken from between the brows. Granted, I'm probably the only one that really notices it, but I'm paranoid that I'll end up looking like this girl I saw this weekend who had brows that didn't begin until her irises. I took some Smashbox Brow Tech in Taupe to them and the brows look decent, but I'm still adjusting to the look. At least my hair is good - it's extra floofy now and the long bangs are the pefect length to perfectly accentuate the adorableness that is me in safety glasses.

Sugar Bad!

While I don't believe in declaring myself to be "bad" for eating an unhealthy meal, I may do so on tonight's occasion of burger, fries, and regular soda from the standpoint that I feel like I've eaten a clump of dirt. So now my goal when choosing meals on the fly is to remember how gross I feel internally right now each time someone asks if I'd like fries with that.

The Forgotten Dog Dream

I woke up suddenly around 4 this morning when I had a dream that I had a dog but forgot that I had a dog? Confusing? In my dream, I was standing in my kitchen when this emaciated pomeranian comes crawling up to me and plops at my feet. I started to freak out and cry because I realized that I had a dog but forgot that I had a dog and thus hadn't been feeding it and it was on the verge of starving to death. And once again, all thoughts I've had of getting some sort of small critter have been dashed. I guess Turbo the Guinea Pig won't be a reality until later this year or maybe next. That's right folks - I want a little blonde guinea pig and I'm naming him or her "Turbo" because that's a damn cool name for a guinea pig.

First Birthday Gift?

I was given a garage/basement band cd today and it made me happy because not only did it come from an adorable boy, it's the style of music I loved when I was young. One of the songs has strong shades of Del Shannon. For years, my favorite song was "Runaway" and I'd listen to that and many other gems while drawing pictures of poodle skirts and hep cats. My parents are pretty sure that I wasn't fully aware that it wasn't 1957 until I hit the age of 10.

No comments: