Saturday, December 06, 2003

Val Kilmer vs. The Commies

Had a pre-finals movie night with the sisters tonight (The Saint and Top Gun). What do these movies have in common? Let's do a side by side comparison...

The Saint
about a thief
guy gets teh blonde
is ultimately a film about playing dress
references numerous catholic saints throughout film
the bad guys == post USSR russians with an "agenda"
Val Kilmer

Top Gun
about a boy and his figher jet plane
guy gets the blonde
JOIN THE NAVY!!!
some would argue Jerry Bruckheimer sold his soul to satan
bad guys == Commies in migs
Val Kilmer


While both of these movies seem to be as far apart on the spectrum as can be, at the root of it all, it's about Val Kilmer keeping the world safe for Democracy and flaunting his expertly frosted hair. and WTF with the chomping his teeth at Tom Cruise in Top Gun? I'll give a slice of pepper jack cheese to anyone that can give me an intelligent explanation for the reasoning behind it.

Sand volleyball scene in Top Gun > most

The week in review:
1. Ask me about nickel induced contact dermatitis and I'll show you a slide show.
2. Taco Tuesday > *
3. Applebees had 1/2 priced appetizers and I can no longer chug an Amberbock like I used to.
4. For the life of me, I can't remember Thursday, so it must have been good.
5. Friday rocked. Los with the sisters followed by studying and movie night...

And just out of curiousity, does anyone actually read this?

No comments: