Thursday, June 03, 2004

Home 2004-2005

Central heat and air. Dishwasher. Washer and dryer. Self-cleaning oven. Spacious bathroom. Cavernous bedroom. Walk-in closet. Wooden deck underneath trees.

Sounds nice, eh? That's my new place. I've got the keys, so I'll be glad to show you. I can't put a stitch of furniture in the place until July 1, but when it's time to actually move in, the carpets will have been cleaned, the place spruced up nicely, and a few minor repairs/adjustments made. The baseboard that was broken yesterday has already been fixed today. I really hope this works out well...both the apartment and living on my own once more. Granted, it's only been a year I've been sharing living space with other people, but in that year, it's been nice to have someone tangible to talk to when I don't want to spend time in the company of myself. My door will be open (when I'm home), so just come on over (call ahead so I can put on some pants).

The First Week of June: A Week in Review

Tuesday: Used my lunch hour to call about apartments. Within 6 hours, I had found my home base for the next year. Went to Los with Devin and requested my $3 change in singles, thus further gaining sympathy from the waitstaff there. Seriously, I can't go to Los without doing/saying something utterly stupid anymore. I guess that makes me a good customer though: I'm a fairly regular customer that tips and I'm entertaining. Fell asleep around 10 pm and woke up at 6:30 the next morning. 8 hours of sleep on a weeknight...a rarity.

Wednesday: Obtained keys to apartment and took care of necessary paperwork for the place. Took one of my final sweet, sweet naps on the sleep-trap couches, then ate a sandwich and watched a Harry Potter movie with Devin #2 and The Petersens. Then, we watched Kangaroo Jack, starring John Gibson, and sat mesmerized by the wonder that was...Kangaroo Jack. Seriously, the whole time we were watching it, we kept commenting on the fact that we were actually watching Kangaroo Jack. And to be honest...silly as it was, it wasn't that bad. And I'm pretty sure I caught Devin (#1, for those keeping score) enjoying it as well (don't deny it-you know you did!).

Thursday: Spent the morning scrubbing boots, gloves, and hazmat suits in the rain. Came home, ate a salad, took a hot shower, went back to work. I'll be glad when the equipment trailer is finished. Fell asleep in the chair while watching tv with Devin #2 and then took two phone calls while half asleep. Dinner at Bees, with enough left over for lunch tomorrow. Score.

But for now...Snickers Blizzard and Family Guy.

No comments: