Wednesday, June 30, 2004

My Days are Numbered!

So here I am, preparing to take my first car load of shizzle over to my new humble abode...

The Rogue Towel

And not a moment too soon, I must say. Today, the MP green police came by for another inspection. After a month of idle threats, they finally made good on their memo. Now if only someone would actually see the bobcat that has supposedly been terrorizing the neighborhood-they wouldn't appear to be such overt liars afterall. But don't tell anyone I said that because there's still a 30 day window for them to toss me in the goulag...

This morning I washed my bathtub...granted, I was taking a shower, but I ran a cloth over any soap scum that had accumulated and across the floor of the tub to gather anything that had settled in the textured-for-traction surface. After my morning routine of later, rinse, condition, rinse, shave (and cut self horribly-that's my explanation for the big bandaid on my thigh), wash, rinse, I dried off and hung the towel over the shower curtain rod as to adhere to my own policy of "no soaking wet towels in the hamper!" Soaking wet towels in the hamper, you see, make for really nasty towels that don't get washed for the better part of the week. Since I've started traveling all over creation for work and putting in long days at the office, I've stopped being so religious, er obsessed with the laundry-now all my towels are washed on the weekends, along with my massive loads of everything else. No more of this doing laundry every to every other day for me. Anyway, I see practicality in letting towels air dry all day before taking them down at night, tossing them in the hamper, and starting the cycle again come morning. But alas, this afternoon when that lone, mighty towel fell into the tub...half in, half out, that caused my tub to cease being clean and begin being a filthy, filthy tub in desperate need of cleaning. If I lacked class, I'd be making a lewd gesture in the direction of the green police headquarters...but then again, just how much less classy would it make me? And who here hasn't done that before?

The Ultimate Fate of the Dead Palm Tree

Some mysterious green, leafy plant is starting to sprout from the remnants of my long deceased palm tree. It doesn't appear to be illicit...but I must admit given the environment where the plant and I used to live, I'm surprised it's not.

However, if I wanted to go ahead and read too much into the new plant (as I tend to do with most things), it makes a pretty cool...metaphor for a new begining.

The Battle Plan

Tonight I start moving items to the new place. Same routine for tomorrow and Friday, so if you're free and have nothing better to do...like America, if you have a strong back, we can use you! Parents are bringing furniture down on Saturday so if you're in town and want to meet Ma and Pa Sparky, or move stuff, come on over. Finally, I'm getting cable tv/internet on Tuesday afternoon, but need someone present. If you're free around 2:30 pm, please volunteer to just chill in my a/c'd place and help yourself to sodas in the fridge...all you have to do is be my representative so that they will install the cable and internet. Volunteers, post in comments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and are machine washable for easy cleaning and
come in a variety of colors and prints perfect for everyone on your list.
He says that he heard about it two months ago and Stassi and Jax were together
then. Alex: If a girl enjoys playing video games, would playing games together make for
a good date or is that too "friendish" of an activity.


Here is my blog - The Tao of Badass