Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Memorial Day Weekend Wrap-up

Sunday I partook in a typical Illinois Memorial Day weekend activity: grilling out with the family and then watching a tornado blow through town. Then, after the first storm passed and before the second one hit, we hopped in the car and drove around town surveying the damage.

This weekend was quite good and featured a trip to the site of the soon to be new family homestead. Met the neighbors and played with their dogs, Beth the miniature collie and Max the pembroke welsh corgi. CORGI!!! After playing with the dog, Mom wants a corgi now too. After all of that, we went to Ruby Tuesday in Litchfield and ate a bunch of chicken wings. So Saturday in a nutshell: new plot of land, corgis, wings. All the makings of a good day. I was sent back to Murray with a big bag full of grilled goodies and fruit, so by the end of the week, I may be recruiting people to help eat all of it. I've already informed Devin that he'll be eating bbq'd pork steaks this week for lunch (meaning, if you're reading this from work, you should be gnawing on a pork steak as you read).

This Week

Starting Tuesday, I'm calling around town to find a new place to call home next year. I really hope my first choice place is open because I already have decorated and moved into the place in my mind. This place will feature a washer and dryer, a dishwasher, and central heating and air conditioning...all the things I said I wanted in a place. Thanks to Gibson, this place will also feature a picture of Don Johnson. I haven't mentally made a place for him yet, but if you have any suggestions where to place him, please let me know.

I'm also considering getting some sort of rug for the place. You know...something to tie the room together.


It's All been Done before

Watching Futurama and saw yet another reference to those anti-littering commercials of the 80s where a can hits the feet of Eagle Eyes Cody and he sheds a tear. I rest my case. It's all been done before. All of it. Every single bit.

And with that, I'm going to bed...that I've done before as well.


No comments: