Monday, August 23, 2004

Body Wash is More Economical than Soap

I've come to the conclusion that body wash is more economical than soap because it doesn't disentigrate in the shower, you can use it in somewhat measured doses, and it is easier to maintain product integrity. I took a bath earlier, lathering up with my white bar of Dove soap and placed it on a flat shelf in my shower. Sometime in the 8 hours since I bathed, it fell into the tub and slid on top of the drain, where it has been subjected to Chinese Water Torture underneath the dripping faucet since. When I found it about five minutes ago, the indentation in the soap was nearly a complete hole. A pro of this is that I now better understand the mechanics of water torture. The obvious con is my 2-day old bar of soap will likely need to be replaced in a little under two weeks. This particular scenario would never have happened had I used body wash. Of course, a bar of soap can't spill all over the rug when it falls from the top of the shower doors, but that scenario is for another day.

No comments: