Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Have a Little Faith in Me

Later today, round one of recruitment starts and this year, I look at things from the sidelines as an alum member. I am surprisingly okay with the fact that I am now too old to actively participate in sorority life and actually feel that I am fitting in my new role perfectly. I don't have to be here this week for any of this. I could be sitting at home, sleeping and shopping and loafing around, but I've opted to invest my week into the growth of my sorority, my home. In this group of girls, I've found my soul mates, my partners in crime...I've found a warm and accepting group of women that have taught me how to be a lady, taught me to cherish the importance of female bonds, and shown me that a group of girlfriends can have unconditional love for one another. I've always appreciated the opportunity I've had to experience sorority life and all the positive things that can come of it, but I've never appreciated it the way I have today when I was able to step back and just take it all in as a person who (though while involved) is no longer as involved and see the way these amazing women worked together and helped each other. The level of trust and faith we all have in each other is just incredible...I have no worries about the future of my chapter for it is in good hands. Regardless of outcome, this week is a success.

No comments: