Monday, July 25, 2005

I Put Younger Girls in Trances

Lately, I notice younger girls observing me. I'll be pushing my cart through Cub and I'll see a tween watching my every move. While picking out my newest fall jacket - velvet/cord hybrid in a deep wine color - a girl and her mother and watching me and talking about the jacket, then later the girl telling me about getting ready to start her sophomore year at Richwoods High. I'm walking through Target with my basket and the teen girls are watching me sniff the shampoo. I talk them out of buying cream to powder foundation that masks their clear(er than they think) skin and into getting a tinted moisturizer instead.

All of this makes me wonder what's so darned fascinating. I really don't mean this in a self-centered way either. Apparently I'm rather noticeable. I've always been rather cogniscent of those around me, often trying to discern what I can about others through observation. Maybe in a larger area there are more people like me? Or maybe the girls look at me and think maybe they'll turn out okay too. But what if they look at me and make mental notes of what not to do...

Retail Love, July Edition

1 (aforementioned) wine colored velvet/cord hybrid blazer
4 (on sale!) bottles of bath wash from Bath & Bodyworks: "soothing" vanilla soy, C.O. Bigelow Almond, Cherry Blossom, Raspberry Vanilla...
1 tube of Flirt! She-Devil Lipgloss

I got a haircut today too. It's a non-sexually repressed bob with long layers.

I also fell off the diet wagon today, eating a Culver's Butter Burger. But I didn't get cheese on it and it was only a single burger - very thin. It didn't taste very buttery.

Absent

I rarely hear of people anymore. About once a day I wonder if I've scared them away with my words. My perfunctory ramblngs on the mundane has made them realize that they're a waste of bandwidth? Overly busy perhaps...

Night Terror

Regardless of where I am, I get "freaked" out by my apartment every now and then. Last night, I was convinced that I saw an "axe-murderer" standing in my hallway. About 5'9, caucasian, shaggy dark brown hair, scraggly beard, holding the axe in the left hand, not quite 'all there' in the eyes. Looked a bit like Mick Foley...

I slept with my door closed and locked. No matter how at peace I feel, I'm always terrorized at night by something and oddly enough, it's always in my mind. If I would have had somewhere else to sleep last night, I would have gone there.

Wedding Crashers

Go See It! Now! What are you waiting for? Go!

No comments: