Saturday, July 09, 2005

Sex on Wheels

Yesterday morning, after my supervisor saw me stuffing all of my audit files and laptop into my laptop case, she told me that she was going to get me a different bag. Well, being the girl that I am, I immediately went giddy with the thought of a brand new bag. Seriously, tell a girl you're getting her a bag and she'll just go irrational - remember that boys.

Anyway, after the meeting, we stopped by the safety store, where I immediately begin tinkering with the displays. And I heard her charging the bag to EH&S (Environmental Health & Safety), then I turned around to see my new bag, which is supposed to be better on my back and more comfortable to carry. My brand...new...ROLLING BACKPACK.

I have to admit - it's pretty great because it holds most of my stuff. I'll no longer get petechiae on my shoulders from carrying the old laptop bag. I won't have to worry about it falling off my shoulder...the manager of fuel systems made fun of it. I saw the cute british guy walking down the hallway and I hid so he wouldn't see me with my rolling backpack.

I think this is some sort of karmic retribution for all of those mean comments I made about the non-trads and their rolling backpacks. "This isn't an airport!" Wanting to run up and kick their bags. Pointing and laughing. It's all coming back to me tenfold. But who knows - maybe I'll be able to start a new trend here. I'm young, I'm stylish, I have a backpack that rolls. It'll be the new hotness...

No comments: