Monday, July 14, 2008

Question of the Day

Is a fast food breakfast as special when it's possible for you to have it just about every day? Without having to rush to make it there before it becomes lunch time? Debate.

Got Caught in a Tornado on I-55 Friday

Whilst headed downstate on Friday evening, Mama and I were caught in some gnarly straight-line winds on I-55 south of Springfield. The big rigs came to a halt on I-55; we (and everyone else) were pulled over on the side of the road because the rain and hail was too insane to proceed onward. At one point, all the precipitation stopped and then we were bombarded by straightline winds coming from the west. I could see the grass and crops on the side of the road bend over, almost to the ground, and feel the car rocking. It felt pretty freaky!

No comments: