Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Weird Dreams from the Couch

Got home from work yesterday morning, changed into my beloved red and blue plaid pajama pants and plopped down on the couch with a big 'ol cup of Today Show on NBC. I didn't even get to blink twice and I was down for the count, aware of the world around me only briefly, around 6:00 before going back to my semi-comatose state until 9-something. But I was aware of the string of odd and vivid dreams that occupied my sleepy time.

First, I was at some old place that was in or around Decatur and staying in one of those old fashioned motels - the kind that are one level and you park right outside of your door. Don't get me wrong, my lodging was nice enough, but it was most certainly old. I dined at an old diner, surrounded by old people, and then went to a really, really old building for some sort of meeting, no doubt with old people. And once I was at this meeting with old people in an old place, we went to this room in the middle of the building where there was this large, foam pyramid that was surrounded by a ball pit. We (the royal we - me and fellow old people) stripped down to spandex unitards and raced to the top of the pyramid. That was the end of that dream...

Next, I was a little boy in a house that was filling with lava - but this was a Pixar cartoon and I was a cartoon boy imperiled by cartoon lava. I stacked my toys in the corner and when the lava came near, I tossed them out the window to save them. I was barely able to save my xbox and lost a controller to the cartoon lava. I jumped out of the window to escape the cartoon lava and met my cartoon father and cartoon dog in the front yard. My cartoon mother was out there and this little lava demon arose from the cartoon lava. In my dream, my cartoon mother used to be some sort of an ice goddess that was married to the little lava demon. For reasons my cartoon little boy brain did not fully grasp, my cartoon mother left my cartoon mother and I to go be with the little lava demon. This was done somehow to save the world...or at least our little cartoon family.

(I swear there was no crack ingested prior to napping on the couch - only 2 cinnamon raisin biscuits from Hardees)

Next dream - I'm in WalMart and there are professional wrestlers in lucha libre masks jumping out of dark colored wooden drunks and changing all of the tv channels in the electronics department to...wrestling.

Final dream - I'm an ingenue in a high necked halter dress...it's black. I have long, straight black hair with bangs and large, green, black rimmed eyes and red lips. I am admittedly hot. And I am being chased by a crazed killer in a car. The dream screams of "Death Proof" but it's not exactly...better dialog and not as much over-talked build up to the action. Everything ends in a swamp and I end up in the lake (meow!). The dream ends with credits rolling and I was, in fact, the ingenue in peril in a Quentin Tarantino film. Things leave an opening for a sequel.

...And after the credits ended, I saw one of the fellows on my softball team remove the dvd of the movie that I just starred in from the dvd player, place it in the container and take it downstairs and put it in a picnic basket, walk outside, and join me and the other team-members for a backyard bbq.

I slept so hard that I didn't go "WTF!?!" until almost a half hour later, while stepping out of the shower. Oh well, they were fun dreams.

No comments: