Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Bark < Bite

On the way home from work this evening, I called my Dad to visit for a little while as my Dad is quite awesome and I'll just call him up to say hello. He told me that he couldn't talk long because he was at the emergency room.

(it went down sort of like this...)

"What happened?!?"
"I was bitten and I'm at the emergency room." (repeat from the statement that started it all)
"Who bit you?"
"Cliff's dog."
"Big dog?"
"Cliff's dog."
"What kind of dog?"
"...Pomeranian maltese mix. It's 12 years old. Cliff told me that I could stick my hand out so it could sniff me and the dog latched on to my hand."
"Did it get your left hand?" (he had surgery on his right hand a few months back)
"Yes."
"At least it didn't get the right hand. Now you have two bum hands?"
"I'm going to have to go in a minute. Paperwork."

He called back a few hours later and told me that the dog went after Cliff too. They both had their wounds cleaned out with alcohol, etc and were given tetanus shots. And then they went to Spaghetti Night at Angelos. Dad just chalks it up to another life experience. I chalk it up to yappy dogs being evil.

No comments: