Thursday, May 12, 2005

The Convention Thus Far

Locked out of room via security bar. Louisville Bats Game. Free Beer. Free Beer. Free Beer. Pink argyle sweater. Photo opportunities. More Beer. Felt on Fourth Street. Not knowing that a fellow conventioneer was in one of my classes...this semester. Amaretto sours. Lounge couches. Seeing the same dude that tried to put his hand up my skirt last year scamming on our girls this year too. Good night's sleep. Session on Injury Prevention Programs. Hunting down the person who stole the session sign from my room. Lunch with freaky-deaky salad and chicken covered in beans. Attacked by butter. Session on Workplace Violence Prevention. Formally accepted a job offer from Caterpillar. Called Liberty Mutual and declined their opportunity offer. Exhibitionor's Happy Hour. Wine. Remembering that Chardonay blows. Mini corndogs. Pepperjack Cheese. Wine. Remembering that Pinot Grigio rocks. Acknowledging that eating pepperjack cheese with pinot grigio is rather ghetto, then realizing I don't care. Encounter with alumni and people from "back in the day." Charter bus to Orr Safety Headquarters and Distribution Center. Five minute presentation followed by ten minute tour followed by forty five minutes of beer time followed by a damn good steak followed by rubbing elbows with president, e-board, and owners of Orr Safety. Fourth Street Live! Beer. Beer. Jim and diet Coke (just don't do this ever). Beer. Margarita. Margarita. Someone else's beer. Adorable Romanian Med Students from UK (my love of things eastern european now include vodka, nesting dolls, and some dude named Victor). Doing the hustle to (I'll never call them) cheesy 70s songs with faculty members. Piano Wars at Howl at the Moon. Drawing pictures of the other people at the table. Parrot Beach. Brushing dirt off my shoulders. Vanilla vodka and coke. Vanilla vodka and diet coke. More dancing. Loss of feeling in my hands, feet, and everywhere else. Locked out of my room via security bar...again. FOUR AM!!! Sleeping in my clothes. Mild nausea while taking tickets (is it bad that for about 3 minutes, I contemplated vomiting behind a curtain, but decided 'tis not a good idea?). A better lunch consisting of ceasar salad and high-falutin pot pies (encrusted chicken my arse, it's a pot pie! with one big piece of chicken instead of 'chunked' parts). Taking in the lovely aroma of the country ham storage room. Session on Safety Incentive Programs featuring big, big technical problems. Saving the day by running the presentation off my laptop. Becoming popular when word got out that email could be checked in my room. Drinking purloined cokes (price of coke in vending machine: $2. price of coke from the war room: free)while watching TBS. Updating my blog...

No comments: