Sunday, March 12, 2006

All about a Weekend

I saw a funnel cloud in my rear view mirror last night. It was odd to see it move through the sky too as it was around 10 at night and I could only see it when lightning lit up the night sky. So the whole thing had a very jumpy appearance to it. Weirdest thing I've seen...in a while, anyway.

This was a good weekend. I went to St. Louis. At one point, I stood at the edge of a parking garage looking out onto I-270, feeling the dusk wind blow across my face and watched haze roll across the hills as the sun set. And for the first time in a while, I just knew that everything would be all right.

The doctor's office called me Thursday morning; I don't have cancer.

Each day since then, I keep thinking to myself "what am I going to do with the rest of my life?" So far, I've been catching up with people I haven't talked to in a while and running around having fun. Shot some pool, went shopping, enjoyed the (albeit tornadic) weather, and just went about my merry way.

I've slept a lot and had some odd dreams. Yesterday morning started, waking up to (mentally) hearing the opening chords to "Bittersweet Symphony" in my head and that tune followed me throughout the day. Into the church, out at the graveyard, across the JB bridge, back across the Poplar, into the garage of my parents house - it was every where.

And now I must cut this post short. Peoria county is now under a tornado warning.

No comments: