Monday, March 13, 2006

Winds of Change

Last night around 11:30, I finally got to meet the guys that live below me when we were all standing outside in our night clothes, staring at the sky like slackjawed yokels as the tornado sirens went off. I love it when toned boys strut around in sleep shorts and no shirt, pecs glistening in the stormy night sky. That's my favorite thing about tornado warnings - people are too concerned about the weather to bother with clothes.

Springfield got nailed by a tornado. My folks are all right. Thank goodness. Wal-Mart, Best Buy and possibly the Knight's Action Park are demolished though. Sad day. No one killed. Good day.

It's supposed to snow up here tonight, possibly. Not ready for it to be cold again, but it's better than more storms. I'm good to go on tornadic weather for now.

Tonight, I bought 5 new pairs of panties at Victoria's Secret. I love new underwear - each pair is a new hope. The promise of a brighter, happier tomorrow. What better way to signify a new day than a fresh pair of cottons against the skin? New underwear brings that extra bolt of confidence, that extra spring in the step...it comes from being able to stand in front of someone and smirk because you've got something on that's fabulous but he'll never get to see it. Or, knowing that you're wearing a lovely piece of art on your bottom that's yours and yours alone. I love new underwear and I love the idea of tomorrow being a new day.

No comments: