Sunday, March 05, 2006

Say Something Positive

Five Things that Are Rocking my World Today

1. Bare Escentuals makeup. I ordered the starter kit and can't wait for it to arrive. The contents of that box is going to change my life.

2. Iced Tea. This has been a lifesaver as I've decided to give up soda for lent. I've given up something else for lent too and think that doing so will bring me to a higher plane of existence. Or at least help restore peace of mind.

3. XBox. After months of saying "someday I'll get an Xbox, I went and got an Xbox Thursday morning. I also picked up Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and Star Wars III Revenge of the Sith. The Xbox pack came with Forza Racing. I'm not good at racing games, but I'm great with jacking cars. It's cathartic.

4. Katie W. She came to Peoria at exactly the right time. There aren't a lot of people I know that will go out into the cold night with you wearing pajama pants, glasses, topknots, and pink Mario spots for sake of seeking catharsis. And not laugh at you when you slip on some semisolid water and land on your back in a parking lot at 2 in the morning. And then lie in bed and eat "that bag" of potato chips with you. (Eating that bag of potato chips was like when Miles drank that vintage wine in the fast food restaurant in Sideways.) And be able to help make it better when life is kicking you in the ass. This girl is awesome

5. Possibility. I may have the chance to alter my current working situation. Yes, many aspects of life are grim but the thought of being able to possibly do something about one thing that's been bothering me is a good thought. But knowing what I know now, I'm sure that if I should decide to ask for reassignment, I'll be doing it for the right reasons and solely for me.

Thought of the day: "Worrying is like a rocking chair - it's something to do but gets you no where."

No comments: