Sunday, October 16, 2005

Columbus, Ohio

I'm so glad I learned how to properly belly up to a bar a couple of months ago because tonight, I was able to kick back and enjoy a beer in style at a darling little chinese restaurant on Broad Street, somewhere in Columbus.

The restaurant is in some strip mall down the way from OSU hospital. It's decorated with ornamental dark wood partitions and deep red tones. The front of the restaurant is the lounge area. It has chairs that are large and comfortable, but give the sensation of going to toss you into the floor if you lean back to far. I did this more than a couple of times. I need to find a place like this in Peoria...a place to drink beer, watch football, and have almond chicken served to me in broken engrish.

I'm digging the hotel room. The bed is about 1.75 times the size of my full. I will make myself sleep in the center of the bed and deny my usual picking a side. This bed is all mine. I will enjoy it greatly.

Drury Inns are nice. My room came with sodas, popcorn, a 'fridge and a microwave. But I can't get the closet door to shut and that bothers me.

Training starts early in the morning. I'll give reports on how that goes.

Oh, and my hotel has a happy hour and I get 3 cocktails a night. Three. Good times ensue...

No comments: