Wednesday, May 26, 2004

For the Record...

Here is my official statement for those of you who have questioned/commented (not so nicely in some cases) on my decision to get a place of my own next year:

Not that it's any of your business, but I'm at a time in my life where I want space. After I'm finished with school and out on my own, it's just a matter of time before I'm married with a family and I'll never again have a space that is mine and only mine. With work and school and other activities in life, I'm around people nearly every hour of the day and sometimes I just want to close the doors to the world around me and sit on the couch and eat take-out Chinese in my underwear or be able to leave clean towels in the dryer for the better part of the week. If I live alone, I can do these things. Living with the guys for the last 6 months has been a great experience. I've grown to love and appreciate many things about my funny, dynamic and cool roommates, but the fact of the matter is...it's simply time to move on and close this wonderful chapter of my life. So quit your badgering and quit your speculations. I've never perceived myself that great of fodder for coffee talk...besides, to quote my prison yard song "get the f*** out my face, get the f*** out my biznatch"

No comments: