Saturday, March 20, 2004

South Paws

Spent this Friday night, the last day of winter, eating onion rings and watching the NCAA tournament at a new, non-sleazy bar in O'Fallon. This was one of those sports bar places designed for older people and those young professionals that want a place to go after work, drink and watch the game without all the typical bs that goes on in bars. The staff was cool, flatscreen tvs were everywhere, which meant I could wash my hands while watching the game, and the onion rings rocked my kasbah. I actually felt underdressed in my blue jeans and college sweatshirt...or maybe it was the fact I was wearing the shirt of a school whose team was eliminated first round.

Smirnoff Twisted V

This stuff is tasty and it has this lovely hint of orange. I've typically been pretty good about dissing such beverages as "girly drinks" but I could consume this stuff on a quasi-regular basis. You won't tell anyone, will you?

Fashion Magazine Obsession

I can't get enough of these. Can someone intervene? I need an intervention and a sponsor stat. The fact that I've become so hair and makeup obsessed lately would indicate I'm trying to fill some sort of void in my life with big hair and glossy lips. I've also developed this odd obsession with my cuticles. More updates to come.

Flashbacks

Somewhere between typing about my magazine issues and my cuticles (*yawn*), my mind suddenly wandered back to sometime in 1998 when I was standing in the Bass Pro Shop parking lot in Springfield, MO. Now I'm trying to place exactly when in 1998 I was in Springfield. I know for sure I was there in November (Veteran's Day weekend to be exact) but the image I had in my head was more of a summer setting.

Knotty Pine

After all these years, this place still has the best greasy burgers and bottled ski in the land. Even when I'm old and moved away, should I be back in the area, I'm going to the Knotty Pine.

No comments: