Thursday, March 11, 2004

STEP OFF!!!

Last night was Alpha Phi Alpha's Step Off '04, an awesome event in which the students of Murray State take the stage at Lovett and show they know how to stomp and shake it. Everyone did a great job and the show was enjoyable. Given that, it's time for breakdown and review of the show.

Hate 'O Meter: Number of times the audience was accused of "hatin'": going with 4-5 on this one.
Baby Meter: Number of times acting like a youth was incorporated into a routine: 4.
Number of Fraternities that "Don't Need Props": 3
Number of Fraternities that Competed: 4
Shirtless Meter: Number of Hot Guys with no Shirts: 3 (could someone get me some pics, please?)
Flip 'O Meter: Number of Acrobatic Feats: 2
Shake it Like a Polaroid Picture 'O Meter: Number of Times "Hey Ya!" was performed as an aria: 1
Number of Times everyone falling down as part of the performance: at least 5
YEAH! 'O Meter :Number of Groups that Broke it down to that Lil Jon Song: 2-3

I was surprised at how long each act lasted. I would have keeled over on the stage and died had I tried to step. It was an awesome show and I'm already looking forward to going next year. Those lions are on the prowl, I hear...I think they're going be roaring extra loud on campus in the very near future.

Huddle House Can See Us in Hell

45 minutes after ordering, no food for Spink or me, but food for everyone else around us-including people at our table. No "I'm sorry, I'll bring your food right out." or "Don't leave, your food is on the way." or anything like that. Pretty much utter lack of acknowledgement of our existence sums up the situation, which is sad. I used to enjoy going to Huddle House and liked the food there. However, I don't think I can patronize a place with that poor customer service if not again, for quite some time. Sad day.

More Adventures in Late Night Eating

In a quest for food, Sister Spink and I set out for Krystal, seeing cheeseburgers...to no avail. After sitting at the drivethru window for nearly 5 minutes with no response to greetings or honking (thanks Spink ;) ), we took our business elsewhere-to Hardees, home of the thickburger...a giant, pulsing, steaming, pound of meat. Those things are so darned thick that I am amazed they're even cooked the whole way through. However, there is something that Hardees has always done better than the rest: roast beef. I actually ordered a hot ham and cheese, but I guess they heard roast beef (because they kind of sound alike, eh?) and that's what I got. Things were pretty backed up at Hardees, so it took nearly 20 minutes to go through the food obtaining process. I actually laughed when I got home and saw I had roast beef. I figure if that is the biggest disappointment of the night, then life is swell.

No comments: